Monday, 12 October 2015

About the article: "Meeting individual needs with young learners"

In this article, P. Westwood and W.Arnold speak about a topic that is very important in education currently: differentiation. To do a review of this writing, I am going to split up it in three parts: five new words which are interesting for me, three ideas and, finally, my most important idea extracted from the article.

Firstly, the five new words I choose are these:

-Feasibitility: the possibility of doing something.
-To struggle: to fight for doing something.
-To target: to focus on something.
-To tailor: to create something
-Curricula: same as curriculum

These words are relevant to me because I know in a future I could find them in another text.

Secondly, the three ideas I liked most are the following ones:

- "In an ideal world everyone in the class should be treated differently."
-"There are different obstacles to differentiation like large class size and lack of time.!
-"Unnecessary differentiation is antagonistic to inclusive practice."

The sentences I point out are relevant for me to understand the idea of differentiation. I think these are essential to know about this topic.

Finally, my most important idea is the next one: "Differentiation is an adaptive approach to teaching that is responsive to individual differences among learners." In my opinion, this sentence is a clear definition of differentiation.





No comments:

Post a Comment